De Paris offer a bespoke one-stop package to claimants and insurers, which cuts down the need for multiple organisations being involved in any one claim.
It is a very stressful time for claimants after an incident to their property, having multiple organisations involved can lead to more unnecessary stress for the claimant and a feeling that things are going nowhere.
Having so many years’ experience working with all parties we have developed a bespoke package offering contents removal storage and restoration, strip out of buildings, drying and restoration. We then arrange for the return of contents putting the home or business owner back into their property quickly and efficiently while keeping up communication with the insured and loss adjusters. We work with multiple loss adjusters using this approach with great success, which is backed up with testimonials from claimants.
At De Paris we focus on our client; giving the highest quality workmanship together with a personal and courteous service. We are always at the end of the telephone to offer our clients the old-fashioned service that is fast disappearing.
We provide a complete package of building strip out and subsequent restoration, all of which is kept under our complete control. Our trades are listed below. We can also provide specialist suppliers for security systems, etc, unless you have your own preferred supplier whom we are happy to work with.
- Stonemasonry and building repairs
- Lime Mortar Repointing
- Timber frame repairs and joinery
- Plumbing; repairs and full installations
- Electrical; repairs and full installations
- Lime Plastering
- Bespoke Joinery and Carpentry
- Temporary contents removal and storage at our own Redcare facilities.
And, of course, we also work on more modern buildings, taking the same care and approach.
De Paris Restorations have been assisting insurance companies with the reinstatement of properties following flood damage and water escape for nearly twenty years.
We specialise in the drying of older and listed properties, which require a vigilant approach and great care. If the correct drying method/process is not adhered to irreparable damage can be caused to elements of great historical importance. We utilise our knowledge, not only in understanding how drying works in each situation, but also, and more importantly, our detailed knowledge of the construction techniques used in older properties and where many major mistakes can be made without such technical knowledge.
We also undertake the drying of modern buildings, where a different approach can be used, but the process is still carried out with great care and sensitivity.
Our drying services include:
- Removal of contents, including fully documenting, packaging, photographing of the contents. We also provide copies of documentation and pictures to both the client and the loss adjusters/insurers. Even items that are considered to be damaged beyond economic repair are fully logged, no matter how small. This serves for ease of valuation and gives the client surety that great care is being taken with their contents at such a stressful time.
- Removal of contents to our own fully insured premises and stored in climate controlled individual units.
- Removal of contents to clients’ or loss adjuster/insurer’s preferred storage facility.
- Removal of contents for restoration to dedicated individual specialists, such as furniture and antique restorers.
- Temporary power supply provided to property.
- Full drying services using modern equipment appropriate to each individual situation.
- Temporary heating where and when required.
- Full thermographic survey during the drying process to assist with monitoring and identifying any potential areas for concern.
Fire and smoke damage clean up services offered by De Paris Restorations vary from a small fire that has resulted in minor smoke damage to near complete destruction of properties.
- Emergency boarding up services and securing of properties to preserve the scene for forensic investigation into the cause of the fire.
- Scaffolding top hat weather protection
- Working in conjunction with forensic engineers enabling safe site access for investigations to be carried out.
- Working with structural engineers in making the property safe from further collapse/damage.
- Arranging for properties to be fully weather protected, using scaffold, including top hat to minimise secondary weather damage.
- Removing, cleaning and storage of contents.
- Working with all appropriate interested parties and carrying out clean up and strip out works. In the case of listed properties a very careful approach needs maintaining at all times so as not to damage any remaining historic features that can aid Conservation or English Heritage to build a full picture of the property and, in such cases, we always work under their guidance.
- Carrying out the drying of the building where appropriate following fire brigade dowsing of properties or weather ingress.
We offer a full service following subsidence, which includes:
- Site preparation and protection of existing features.
- Working with structural engineers to provide necessary shoring.
- Helical tie installation.
- Full building reinstatement.